Daleks In Manhattan
28 April 2007
Miranda Raison (Tallulah), Ryan Carnes (Laszlo), Hugh Quarshie (Solomon), Eric Loren (Dalek Sec) , Flik Swan (Myrna), Alexis Caley (Lois), Peter Brooke (Man #2), Ian Porter (Hybrid) , Barnaby Edwards, Nicholas Pegg, David Hankinson (Dalek Operators), Nicholas Briggs (Dalek Voices), Paul Kasey (Hero Pig)
|Written by||Helen Rayner|
|Directed by||James Strong|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
Nighttime has fallen over the Big Apple and at the New York revue ittwo minutes to curtain up but showgirl Tallulah is busy smooching withher boyfriend Laszlo. He hands her a white flower and as she attaches itto her costume she prepares to go on stage, kissing her lover goodbye.
However in the corridors of the building strange creatures are lurking,and after Laszlo goes to investigate he finds himself in the propstore, seemingly alone.
A snarling echoes around him and with no warninga man-sized pig lunches at him from the shadows.
- The Cult of Skaro were last seen in Army of Ghosts / Doomsday, initiating an Emergency Temporal Shift at the end of the story.
- Martha tell Tallulah that she once performed with Shakespeare on stage, which he did in The Shakespeare Code.
- The Doctor and Martha visit New York having seen the city’s future incarnation in the previous story Evolution Of The Daleks/Daleks In Manhattan.
- The Doctor and the Daleks have visited the Empire State Building before, in The Chase.
- The Daleks have experimented with human DNA before, in The Evil of the Daleks.
- The Daleks count down the lightening strike in Rels, the unit of time seen in the 1960’s movie Dalek Invasion Earth 2150 AD.
- The name "Dalekanium" was first mentioned in The Dalek Invasion of Earth.
- In Daleks in Manhattan, when the Doctor and Martha look up at the Statue of Liberty when they first arrive, it’s holding a gold-plated torch. That version of the torch did not exist until 1986, the original torch was glass but was replaced when the statue underwent major renovations in the mid-1980s.