The Next Life
Paul McGann (the Doctor), India Fisher (Charley), Conrad Westmaas (C’Rizz), Daphne Ashbrook (Perfection), Stephane Cornicard (Keep), Paul Darrow (Guidance), Jane Hills (L’Da), Stephen Perring (The Kro’Ka), Don Warrington (Rassilon), Anneke Wills (Lady Louisa Pollard), Stephen Mansfield (Simon Murchford), Jane Goddard (Mother of Jembere-Bud)
“All things must die”
Washed up on the sandy shores of a paradise island, a wild-eyed shipwreck survivor is rescued by the wife of Daqar Keep, the richest man in the galaxy.
Her name’s Perfection. He’s the Doctor. Together, they face a journey into the dark heart of this mysterious island, to discover the deepest secrets of this timeless cosmos. That’s if the giant crabs, killer crocodiles and murderous natives don’t get them first.
Meanwhile, fellow travellers Charley and C’rizz have their own ordeal to endure, in the grip of the Doctor’s most dangerous rival. And in a universe that’s facing extinction, even the best of friends may soon become enemies
This life is almost over. And not everyone will make it to the next.
- The Next Life was the sixty-fourth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor has committed to memory of all the Liverpool F.C. strikers and goals from 1964-1965 to 2013-2014, which he describes as “a terrible season.”
- Charley mentions that there is no lost love between herself and the TARDIS. (Zagreus)
- Keep refers to the extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years earlier. (Earthshock)
- Rassilon would eventually escape from the Divergent Universe at some point before or during the Last Great Time War. He was once again serving as the Lord President of Gallifrey at the time of its destruction. In the interim, he had regenerated at least once. (The End of Time)