On a windswept Northern shore, at the very tip of what will one day become Scotland, the islanders believe the worst they have to fear is a Viking attack. The Doctor is just looking for a game on the famous Lewis chess set. Instead he encounters a people under attack from a power they cannot possibly understand. The islanders must take on a ruthless alien force in a world without technology; without communications; without tea that isn’t made out of bark. Still, at least they have the Doctor on their side… Don’t they? A thrilling new adventure starring the Doctor, as played by Matt Smith.
Read by Neve McIntosh.
- Dark Horizons was a reading of the novel from AudioGo featuring the Eleventh Doctor. It is read by Neve McIntosh
- Freydis believes that the Doctor is Loki, the trickster god in Norse mythology. During his first incarnation, the Doctor was also mistaken for a god, namely Zeus, by the Greek warrior Achilles in circa 1200 BC. (The Myth Makers)
- The Doctor tells Corc that he has encountered numerous sea monsters before but none which could cause fire to move on the surface of water. (Terror of the Zygons Warriors of the Deep)
- The Doctor asks Luag if he likes fish fingers.
- When Freydis asks the Doctor if the TARDIS is Valhalla, he tells her that she is not the first person to mistake it for the afterlife, given that the First Doctor’s Katarina came to believe that the TARDIS was Mount Olympus, (Scribbles in Chalk, The Daleks’ Master Plan) and Beowulf also believed it led to Valhalla. (Black and White)