Doctor Who = First Man

General topics relating to Doctor Who not covered off anywhere else (DWM, Assistants, Doctors, Monsters etc)

Moderator: DWW Moderator Team

Theta Sigma
Eternal
Eternal

Doctor Who = First Man

Post by Theta Sigma » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:02 am

Saw the trailer for First Man, an upcoming movie about the Moon landing with Neil Armstrong being the said first man.
The Moon landing was the backdrop for The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon with the latter episode including archive footage of Armstrong setting foot on the Moon.

The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon is a Matt Smith/Karen Gillan story and before seeing the First Man trailer I had a look at the cast list and it immediately came to me that some of the cast members had worked with the said Who stars elsewhere.
The First Man cast members I am referring to are Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy and Patrick Fugit.
Gosling played the said first man in Armstrong.
Gosling had written and directed Lost River (2013) and cast Matt Smith in this movie.
In one of his acting roles prior to being First Man, Gosling was in The Big Short (2015) which also had a brief appearance by my wife Karen Gillan.
Playing Armstrong’s wife Janet in First Man is Claire Foy. Just as Foy got to be Gosling’s wife in First Man she earlier was Matt Smith’s wife in the first two seasons of The Crown as she was Elizabeth II to Smith’s Prince Philip.
Patrick Fugit in First Man played astronaut Elliot See.
Fugit had worked with my wife Karen in Alex & The List.
On television, Fugit headlined Outcast (2016-present) and my wife Karen was in the 2010 movie of the same name released in March 2010 the month before her Amy Pond debut in Doctor Who.
Matthew See
My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Security Council - Whoniverse, Blake's 7, Star Trek, Lost In Space, Babylon 5verse, Stargate, Buffyverse

My Doctor Who season count: 1-26 original series, 27-30 Paul McGann Big Finish (pre-2005), 31- current series.