The Whispering Forest
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan Jovanka), Mark Strickson (Vislor Turlough), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Hayley Atwell (Seksa), Sue Wallace (Mertil/Woman) Paul Shelley (Jestan/Man/Taker), Harry Melling (Hervey/Taker/Demi-Taker), Lennox Greaves (Anulf/Taker), Aneurin Barnard (Antan/Taker)
The TARDIS arrives in alien woodlands, where a small group of humans hold tight against the the menace of the Takers – strange creatures who come by night to spirit away members of their settlement.
But if there’s one thing that the inhabitants of Purity Bay fear more than the Takers, it’s the dirt and disease spread by strangers. Strangers like the Doctor, Tegan, Turlough and Nyssa…
The fanatical Sister Mertil and her hygiene-obsessed acolytes are victims of a terrible corruption – but not in the way they think. Only the whispering forest knows the truth…
Written By: Stephen Cole
Directed By: Barnaby Edwards
- The Whispering Forest was the one hundred and thirty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- A green crescent moon is the universal symbol for medical care. (New Earth, Gridlock)
- This story shares similarities to The Face of Evil, with a lost colony based on the remnants of a spacecraft scenario.
- Tegan is concerned that the Mara is still inside of her. (Kinda, Snakedance)
- The Mara taunts the Doctor by saying Cherdor is too green for him, which is what he said about Deva Loka. (Kinda)