The Five Companions
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), William Russell (Ian Chesterton), Peter Purves (Steven Taylor), Jean Marsh (Sara Kingdom), Anneke Wills (Polly) Dan Starkey (The Sontarans), Nicholas Briggs (The Daleks).
NYSSA, POLLY, IAN CHESTERTON, STEVEN TAYLOR AND SARA KINGDOM JOIN THE DOCTOR, BATTLING DALEKS, SONTARANS AND DINOSAURS!
The Fifth Doctor meets up with his distant past – the schoolteacher who settled down, the space pilot who became a King, the security agent who died and lived again and the swinging Sixties secretary who has made her own way in the world.
This release is available ONLY to customers who buy a subscription to the Doctor Who Monthly Range.
There are two ways to obtain this exclusive audio:
Ensure your 12 or 6-CD subscription includes Doctor Who – Army of Death
When buying a 12 CD subscription, select The Five Companions as your free gift from the Doctor Who – Special Releases range
- The Five Companions was Big Finish Productions’ subscriber-free release for 2011
- This is a special release given away to Big Finish subscribers who have Army of Death as part of their subscription.
- Ian and Steven previously met in the Mechanoid City on Mechanus. (The Chase)
- Ian sets a trap for a Dalek by placing a sheet of metal on the floor in the hopes of disrupting the static electricity supply by which they are powered and subsequently disguises himself as a Dalek. He did both of these in his first encounter with them on Skaro. (The Daleks)
- The Sontarans have records of all the Doctor’s incarnations. They recognise the Fifth Doctor from their encounter with him on Samur. (Heroes of Sontar)
- The Doctor initially believes that he and his former companions are trapped in an artificial construct which has been created by the Master. (The Five Doctors)
- Polly claims sarcastically that making coffee was usually her main contribution to the proceedings. (The Tenth Planet, The Moonbase)
- Commander Skaal refers to the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey. (The Invasion of Time)
- The Doctor tells Ian that he had intended to visit him several months earlier. This is a reference to the original plans for Mawdryn Undead, which had envisaged Ian taking the part ultimately allocated to Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
- Nyssa would later encounter the Fifth Doctor in her mind shortly before his regeneration into the Sixth Doctor.