The Genocide Machine
Sylvester McCoy (the Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Daniel Gabriel (Rappel/Phantom Voices), Louise Faulkner (Bev Tarrant), Bruce Montague (Chief Librarian Elgin), Nicholas Briggs (Cataloguer Prink/Dalek Voices), Alistair Lock (Dalek Voices)
The library on Kar-Charrat is one of the wonders of the Universe. It is also hidden from all but a few select species. The Doctor and Ace discover that the librarians have found a new way of storing data – a wetworks facility – but the machine has attracted unwanted attention, and the Doctor soon finds himself pitted against his oldest and deadliest enemies – the Daleks!
- The Genocide Machine was the seventh story in Big Finish’s monthly Doctor Who range
- The Daleks were kept in cryogenic hibernation in what was thought to have been a ziggurat on the planet.
- Ace wanders around the TARDIS library. She finds a book from Kar-Charrat
- This audio was featured in Doctor Who Magazine issue 290 with an accompanying illustration by Lee Sullivan.
- A Dalek Supreme of the same design as the one seen in Planet of the Daleks makes an appearance. It is subordinate to the Dalek Emperor.